What is Drivers CPC?
The Driver CPC is for LGV and PCV drivers who drive professionally throughout the UK. It has been developed as a requirement of the EU Directive 2003/59, which is designed to improve the knowledge and skills of professional LGV and PCV drivers throughout their working life. There are two parts to the legislation:
Initial Drivers CPC
The Initial Qualification must be achieved by new LGV and PCV drivers along with their vocational licence to enable them to use their licence professionally. Click here to find out more about initial drivers CPC
Periodic Drivers CPC
Periodic Training; 35 hours of training every 5 years must be attended by all professional drivers . Click here to find out more about period drivers CPC
Are there any special concessions?
Certain drivers are exempt – CLICK HERE for more details
– used for the non-commercial carriage of passengers or goods, for personal use
– undergoing road tests for technical development, repair or maintenance purposes, or new or rebuilt vehicles not yet put into service
– used in the course of driving lessons for any person wishing to obtain a driving licence or Driver CPC
– carrying material or equipment to be used by the driver in the course of his or her work, provided that driving the vehicle does not constitute the driver’s principal activity
– with a maximum authorised speed not exceeding 45km/h
– used by, or under the control of, the armed forces, civil defence, the fire service, and forces responsible for maintaining public order
– used in states of emergency or assigned to rescue missions.